Two large stoas. The two stoas bordering the south side of the spacious terrace above the bema are not mentioned in the ancient sources and it is certain that they were never finished. Their purpose was to shelter the people in bad weather conditions. They belong to the third architectural period of the Pnyx (330-326 B.C.). At the end of the 4th century B.C. the "diateichisma", a new fortification wall, ran along the back sides of the unfinished stoas.
Cutting for the Altar of Zeus Agoraios. The big rectangular cutting above the bema, for the altar of Zeus Agoraios, belongs to the third period of the Pnyx together with the two stoas (330-326 B.C.). In the time of Augustus the altar was transferred to the Agora and set up in front of the Metroon.
Large cutting between the two stoas. It measures 19 x 13 m. and belongs to the third building period of the Pnyx (330-326 B.C.). According to the excavators, it was the foundation of the Propylaea for the whole architectural complex. The initiation of the program of the third period is attributed to Lycourgos but the hard years that followed prevented the program from being completed.
The Sanctuary of Zeus Hypsistos. It became known in 1803 by the inscribed plaques found during the excavations conducted by Lord Aberdeen near the bema of the Pnyx. The floor of the old sanctuary, the steps and a number of niches hewn in the scarp of the rock, are preserved. The big, rectangular niche in which the cult statue of the god was placed, probably dates from the Roman period.